Spring Fashion with Stylist Eric Himel
March 06, 2012 | Style & Beauty
1. Gladiator sandals: These take the old gladiator sandal craze to new heights, literally; the boot version exudes toughness and power.
2. Tribal looks: Get back to your roots with tribal motifs and wild patterns. The look’s complimentary jewelry is a great alternative to more serious precious gems.
3. Abstract prints: Be expressive without the trappings of patterns such as polka dots, plaids, and stripes.
4. Ladylike silhouettes: Springtime’s light fabrics, pretty heels and feminine silhouettes are a welcome change from the über-sexiness monopolizing the last few seasons.
5. Floral patterns: Although florals aren’t uncommon for spring, this time around they are big and color-saturated--even bolder when worn head to toe.
Peter Max talks 'Michigan Avenue'-commissioned cover artwork & more with Mika Brzezinski