September 09, 2010 | by BY REBECCA MALINSKY | Homepage
The second annual Fashion’s Night Out—Vogue editor in chief Anna Wintour’s brainchild, which set out to reinvigorate the fashion-retail world—makes its way from NYC this week when it hits Chicago’s Neiman Marcus stores and Saks Fifth Avenue on Friday (September 10). Take note and go out!
737 N. Michigan Ave., 312-642-5900
- Get a glimpse of fall trends—lace, pearls, feathers, ponchos and pantsuits—with host Michelle Alegria from WLS-TV’s 190 North (7 PM).
- Taryn Rose hosts a cocktail party in celebration of her new Footure collection.
- Enjoy makeovers by Estée Lauder makeup artists.
5000 Northbrook Court, Northbrook, IL, 847-564-0300
- Watch the runway show (7 PM) and meet Rocky Wirtz, chairman of the Chicago Blackhawks. Donate $25 to benefit Chicago Blackhawks Charities, and be entered to win a $1,000 Neiman Marcus gift card (6–9 PM).
6 Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook, IL, 630-572-1500
- Get a celeb-worthy makeover from your favorite beauty brand, fawn over the fashion presentation (7 PM), admire the exquisite pearl collection by Lagos jewelry and view a display by the DuPage Children’s Museum (6–9 PM).
SAKS FIFTH AVENUE
Look for events on every floor (and enter to win Saks Fifth Avenue gift bags when you’re there):
- First Floor: Go for rock ’n’ roll makeovers, blowouts and mini manicures.
- Second Floor: Watch the designer fall 2010 runway shows and enjoy a cocktail by Cîroc vodka.
- Third Floor: Breakdance Chicago performs (7–9 PM), cocktails are served in the shoe salon, and the Cle De Peau Luxury Lip Bar offers up your perfect shade.
- Fourth Floor: Rock out to DJ Madrid.
- Fifth Floor: Check out the latest contemporary fashions at the runway show (7:30 PM) and visit the Laura Mercier Very Berry Lip Bar.
- Seventh Floor Salon and Spa: Get a complimentary rock ’n’ roll blowout and pick up a gift bag.
- Men’s Store (Second Floor): Compete with your friends in the Guitar Hero contest and enjoy Cîroc cocktails.
We caught the hilarious Bob Odenkirk behind the scenes during his Michigan Avenue photo shoot.